Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fads

Every year there is some sort of fad going that is largely popular. I remember a specific fad from back in 4th and 5th grade which was a thing known as Silly Bandz. Silly Bandz were basically elastic bands that were in different colors and were in all different shapes. There were animals, objects, numbers and letters. They came in a packs of 24 at $5.49 per pack. We would trade all the shapes with each other. We would wear all the bands on our arms. However its appeal slowly waned and by mid 2011 nobody really wore them except for those who didn't realize its popularity had past. To this day nobody I know even talks about them anymore, let alone do they remember it. I only remembered them because I had to do this assignment on fads and they were the first to pop into my head. Silly Bandz are my generation's version of the pet rock. Will Silly Bands rise again someday but I doubt it. But who knows. Anything can happen.Image result for silly bandz

No comments:

Post a Comment